Sunday, November 15, 2009

Speech 2 Source

My print/library source that I am using for my speech on
Dorothy Parker is The Collected Poetry of Dorothy Parker. This is, as you can tell from the title, all of Dorothy Parker's poems. This book really gave me a sense of her writing style and the tone she uses. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed her poems and I shared them with my aunt and my boyfriend. I would like to use one of her short poems, or a line of a poem, for my conclusion.

This is a reliable source because it is merely a collection of copies of her poems. To check the reliability of this book I could compare the poems to other books on Dorothy Parker to see if the poetry is the same. After all, the poems are not subjective. They are what they are, just the way Parker wrote them.

Cerf, Bennett A., Robert Haas, and Donald S. Klopper. The Collected Poetry of Dorothy Parker. New York: Random House, 1959. Print.

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait to see what poem you use to close your speech. Poems are so relaxing, and a good source of meditation. It was odd having to acutally get a print source, versus going online and obtaining all the information.

    ReplyDelete