Monday, November 9, 2009

Crooked River Burning

So far, I don't like Crooked River Burning as much as I liked Color Me Butterfly. The interesting parts are all the facts about Cleveland. It's so hard to imagine the kind of city that Cleveland once was. I find it really hard to like Anne O'Conner because she is just so spoiled. In a way, I can see that she hasn't been exposed to any other kind of life. David lives a very "normal" existence. For lack of a better word, David is boring. I give the author credit for making these two fictional teenagers just like real teenagers would be, but it might be their realness that makes them boring. I am curious as to what will happen next with David and Anne since this is supposed to be a romance, but at this point in the novel they have gone their separate ways and David is supposed to marry Irene.

No comments:

Post a Comment